Workhouse is looking to recruit a full stack developer who will join our high calibre team of web developers. You’ll be part of a 35-strong team of advertising and digital specialists who drive the success of one of Perth’s most established independent agencies.
Using your existing knowledge in the full stack of web technologies, you will be a key addition to our development team, collaborating on highly functional web applications. You will use your experience to deliver outcome driven results for our existing and new clients.
General responsibilities will consist of:
- Work with new and existing WordPress websites (implement designs, install themes and plugins, upgrades/maintenance, testing, etc).
- custom WordPress plugins, when needed
- campaigns on existing websites
- Review and action SEO and speed optimisations on existing and new websites.
- Supporting the team by participating in code reviews, general troubleshooting and solution architecture.
- Experienced PHP and WordPress developer
- Strong HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- A fundamental understanding of SEO, UX/UI, site speed and other website best practices.
- Critical thinking skills, the ability to follow processes, and always striving to improve and adapt when things go wrong.
- High attention to detail and able to produce high quality work
- Passion for development and building new things
- Experience with Laravel or similar PHP frameworks
- eCommerce experience (Magento, Shopify)
- Good knowledge of SQL based databases
- Experience with technical documentation and specifications
- Experience with agile frameworks and methodologies (Scrum)
- Good Linux/command line experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and face to face
- Speaking up and having constructive conversations with the team and clients
The personal qualities that would work well in our agency environment include:
- Ability to work well under pressure and can work to occasional tight deadlines
- Fantastic communication skills, friendly and approachable
- Self-motivated and is genuinely excited by technology
- A commitment to delivering high quality, bug-free applications
- Keen interest in increasing knowledge and skills around application development, associated technologies and general programming
- A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem solving attitude
Workhouse & Work From Home
The focus on independence and proactive working is more important than ever. It’s also an opportunity to enjoy flexible work arrangements, with a mix of office and WFH arrangements welcomed. Ample parking is available on-site for days when you are working from the agency.
So who would you be working with?
Workhouse is one of Perth’s most established independent agencies, making local and national brands famous for over 35 years. You’ll be joining a team of over 35 like-minded, enthusiastic, creative people who know how to get great things done!
If this sounds like you and the challenge you’ve been looking for, apply today.