For close to 40 years now, Workhouse has evolved to become one of WA’s most innovative and adaptive independent agencies. Today, our strong team of 40 are working to meet the ever-changing needs of some of Australia’s most successful businesses.
As demand for our creative and strategic capabilities continues to grow, so does the need to bolster our team of web, digital, creative and marketing specialists.
And this brings us to you.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Full Stack Developer who can bring their expertise to our national and international clients.
Joining one of the agency’s fastest growing departments, you will be working with the very latest tools and technologies. Together, we develop high calibre, bespoke solutions to propel our clients’ success and the way they drive their business. This includes sophisticated in-house projects like the development of our custom eComm platform built on Laravel.
In your role, you will join our broader agency team of like-minded, enthusiastic, results-driven people. On any given day, you’ll work directly alongside a team of 7 developers and front-end designers.
General responsibilities will consist of:
- Working with Laravel and Vue.js to build and extend our existing and future products, and to support our local and international clients.
- Supporting the team by participating in code reviews, general troubleshooting and solution architecture.
Advantageous Skills/Knowledge includes:
- Passion for development and building new things
- Experience with Laravel or similar PHP frameworks
- eCommerce experience
- Good knowledge of SQL based databases
- Experience with technical documentation and specifications
- Experience with agile frameworks and methodologies (Scrum)
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and SASS
- Good Linux/command line experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with payment systems (e.g. PayPal, eWAY, Stripe, Braintree, ZipPay, ZipMoney, etc)
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and face to face
- Speaking up and having constructive conversations with the team and clients
- High attention to detail and able to produce high quality work
The personal qualities that would work well in our agency environment include;
- Ability to work well under pressure and can work to occasional tight deadlines
- Fantastic communication skills, friendly and approachable
- Self-motivated and is genuinely excited by technology
- A commitment to delivering high quality, bug-free applications
- Keen interest in increasing knowledge and skills around application development, associated technologies and general programming
- A strong work ethic and ‘can-do’ problem solving attitude
In return, you’ll join one of Perth’s most established independent agencies, who have been making local and national brands famous for close to four decades.
We leave egos at the door and thrive on a culture that’s driven by high-performance and great relationships. We’re collaborative and consultative, with a relaxed vibe that lets you focus on delivering the most effective and creative solutions for our clients.
It’s an inspiring and rewarding way to work – and one that ensures our clients and our agency are constantly working together towards a common goal.
Workhouse & Work From Home
The focus on independence and proactive working is more important than ever. It’s also an opportunity to enjoy flexible work arrangements, with a mix of office and WFH arrangements welcomed. Ample parking is available on-site for days when you are working from the agency.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who’s keen for an exciting new challenge; ready to develop their skills; and who is looking to work in a truly collaborative and positive agency environment.
Sound like you? Please apply…