General programming development responsibilities
- Building WordPress themes and plugins.
- Working with PHP to develop custom components, or add-ons, to enhance a WordPress website.
- Use source control tools (Git).
- Supporting existing web applications to (adding functionality and fixing issues)
- Configure and work with MySQL Databases.
Advantageous Skills/Knowledge includes
- Exposure to MVC frameworks.
- Experience with any PHP frameworks
- Experience with 3rd party integration (using API’s) and payment systems (e.g., PayPal, eWAY)
- Familiarity with deploying/managing shared hosting environments with cPanel, or similar.
- Works well under pressure and can work to multiple occasional tight deadlines.
- Fantastic communication skills, Friendly and approachable.
- Self-motivated and is genuinely excited by technology.
- A commitment to delivering high quality, bug free applications
- Keen interest in increasing knowledge and skills around Application Development, associated technologies and general programming
- A strong work ethic and’can-do’ problem solving attitude
- Required 3+ years experience with the standard web development toolbox, including PHP, MySQL and WordPress
- Experience in working on small to large web development projects.
- Experience with source control systems.
- Attention to detail and able to produce high quality work
If this sounds like you and the challenge you’ve been looking for, apply today.